Today we’d like to share the recipe of the most popular winter drink of all time that can easily warm up your heart and body.
Let’s play Christmas songs and get into the holiday spirit with an incredibly delicious winter-long beverage!
Warm & Cozy Christmas Drink – Mulled Wine !
Mulled Wine ingredients:
- 1 bottle of red wine;
No need to splash out on a fancy bottle of red wine! If you’re making a large batch I would recommend even box wines.
- 1 fresh orange;
Use half for cooking and the other half for garnish.
- 2 cinnamon sticks;
Cinnamon sticks are best, but if you don’t have it available then ground cinnamon works as well.
- Mulling spices – 8 whole cloves, 2 star anise;
Additional spices such as cardamom seeds and ginger can be added depending on your own preference.
- 2-4 tbs of sweetener;
Maple syrup, honey, or sugar – but feel free to add your own favorite sweetener.
- 60ml of extra liqueur;
This part is optional but you can add Brandy, Cognac, Bourbon, or your favorite liqueur to reach just the right balance of warmth.
Let’s follow the directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and stir them together.
- Heat the wine on a medium-high heat until it starts to simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for at least 15 minutes, or up to 3 hours. Do not let the wine bubble, as this can reduce the alcohol.
- Strain and season. Using a sieve or mesh strainer, remove all the excess ingredients. Taste the mulled wine and add sweetener to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve in a heatproof mug/glass and add fresh cloves, orange, and cinnamon stick as garnish.
Our go-to tip for the perfect Mulled Wine:
Your Mulled Wine is ready to be served when it tastes like Christmas in your glass!
Now that you know everything about how to make a delicious Mulled Wine at home, and as the chilly winter’s evenings are upon us, we hope you’ll enjoy a hot cup of Mulled Wine to keep you warm and cozy!