In 2015, Revolut, a Fintech start-up company was launched. A business that started its operations by providing money transfers and exchange services to its clients, has evolved and is now regarded as the fastest-growing digital tech company.
In 2018, Revolut received its banking licence, and in 2020 launched its financial app in Japan and expanded into the US market.
Today, Revolut’s portfolio boasts an impressive:
- 12 million personal customers
- 500 thousand business customers
- Conducts 100 million transactions per month
- Is supported in 35 countries
- Has over 30 in-app currencies
With an estimated worth value of £4.2 billion, Revolut is the UK’s most valuable financial technology start-up to date.
How can a Revolut Business Account help my business in Malta?
Revolut’s successful platform is built on services that provide their clientele with ‘flexibility’; ‘lower fees’; ‘global swift transactions’ in multiple currencies; and ‘straight forward’ account applications by comparison to the conventional banks.
Their business accounts are divided into 2 groups; ‘A Company Account’ and ‘A Freelancer Account’. These are presented to their clientele with a choice of two different pricing categories; A Basic and/or Subscription-based account.
1) A Company Account
With a Company Account, applicants can apply for, upgrade, or downgrade to either one of the following 4 types of business accounts:
- Basic — Free
- Grow — €25/month (most popular)
- Scale — €100/month
- Enterprise — €1,000/month
2) A Freelancer Account
With a Freelancer Account, applicants can choose between:
- Basic — Free
- Pro — €7/month
What are the benefits of having a Revolut Business Account?
For as little as €25 a month, Revolut Business account holders benefit from having and/or access to;
- Hold and exchange in 28 currencies
- IBAN for global transfers — quote currencies and enable international payments in the following *currencies (AUD, AED, BGN, CZK, CHF, CAD, DKK, EUR, GBP, HUF, HKD, HRK, ILS, JPY, MXN, NZD, NOK, PLN, QAR, RUB, RON, SGD, SEK, SAR, TRY, THB, USD, ZAR)
- 2 Local Accounts in EUR and GBP
- Classic and Virtual Cards — allowing users to track spending in real-time, set limits, and freeze cards with just a click
- Unlimited free payments (both for personal and business) to other Revolut accounts worldwide
- A set number of free local payments — a fee of €0.2 will apply once limit is exceeded
- A set number of free international payments — a fee of €3 will apply once limit is exceeded
- Real rate FX Allowance — 0.4% mark-up once limit is exceeded
- Loans and overdrafts — subject to approval
- Local accounts in more currencies
- Accept card payments — Plug N Play solution
- Connect — Integrate your business
- Business API
- Team members — a set number of people with direct access to the account
- Subscription Management — control all recurring payments from a single dashboard
- Expense Management — automate your expenses
- Team member permissions — control, customize, and limit access to company transactions
- Payment Approval — protect yourself from administrative errors by setting up approval workflow with customisable rules for payments
- Bulk Payments — create multiple payments at the same time
- Perks — grow your business with carefully curated discounts and services
- Spend like a local in 150 currencies
- Priority 24/7 Support
- Available on the web or in-app
All clients data is protected behind a password, face, and phone verification.
If money is lost or stolen, Revolut follows all the legal requirements as dictated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Electronic Money Regulations (EMR) and Payment Services Regulator.
To avoid the risk of capital getting compromised, all Revolut accounts are kept in segregated bank accounts using the protection of established banks.
How do I open a Revolut Business Account?
The process to open a Revolut Business Account is straight-forward and swift. All applicants simply need to fill an online application form which must include the following;
For anyone applying for a Freelancer Business Account;
- Full name
- Date of birth
- A government-issued ID (to verify the applicant’s identity)
- A brief description of your services and location.
For organizations applying for a Company Business Account;
- Personal details together with a government-issued ID of the individual applying on behalf of the company
- Business registered name; address and incorporation details
- Description of what your company does and location.
Once all the above information is submitted, the application process is between 1-7 business days.
How do I change my business plan?
Account-holders can upgrade at any time they wish. Those who wish to downgrade however are advised to do so at the end of their current billing cycle.
- Log into your account
- Go to Settings
- Click on the preferred new subscription plan
Those who wish to cancel and close their account are advised to ensure that there are no pending transactions or money left in their account. Only account holders or authorized administrative members are allowed to terminate the account.
- Simply log in to your account
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Click on Close Account
- Choose from list reason for account termination
If you need to contact the Revolut Team, members are asked to have the documentation submitted for ID verification during the application process on hand.
Revolut Customer Support
In-app chat service 24/7
To block your Revolut card phone:- +44 2033228352 automated service
What type of business entities are eligible to open a Revolut Business Account?
If your business is registered as;
- Private Limited Company (Ltd)
- Public Limited Company (Plc)
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Sole Trader
- Unlimited Company
And has a *‘physical presence’ in the following countries within the European Economic Area (EEA);
- Aland Islands; Austria;
- Belgium; Bulgaria;
- Croatia; Republic of Cyprus; Czech Republic;
- Finland; France; French Guiana;
- Germany; Gibraltar; Guadeloupe; Guernsey; Greece;
- Iceland; Ireland; Isle of Man; Italy;
- Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg;
- Martinique; Malta; Mayotte,
- Netherlands; Norway;
- Poland; Portugal;
- Réunion; Romania;
- Saint Martin; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands;
- United Kingdom
Then your business is eligible to apply for a Revolut Business Account.
*‘Physical Presence’ means that the applicant and/or business applying for a business account ‘are operating within the jurisdiction by providing Revolut with proof of an operating business’.
Proof of address will include submitting either one of the following documentations that needs to be dated 3 months before the application date;
- 6-month office lease agreement (valid on the day of on-boarding)
- 3 consecutive invoices and the contract from a coworking space provider (must be valid on the day of on-boarding)
- Utility bills
- Employee payslip
If the applicant works from home then either one of the following documents can be submitted;
- Television Licence
- Lease agreement and/or receipt of payment
- Government correspondence
What type of business entities are not eligible to apply for a Revolut Business Account?
The following list of industries are not eligible to apply for a Revolut Business Account;
- Dating and/or escort services
- Adult entertainment
- Arms dealer
- Used Car Dealerships
- Trading in precious metals; stones; art; chemicals and related products
- Auction House
- Video game arcades
- Binary options or gambling
- Debt collection
- Trading in cryptocurrency
- Cashback services
- Trading in prime bank guarantees
- Letters of Credit or Medium-Term Notes
- Political and/or religious organizations
Is your business looking to establish a ‘Physical Presence’ in Malta?
With over 4,500sqm of office space to rent, SOHO is Malta’s largest serviced office and coworking network.
What are the benefits of joining SOHO?
- Your own prestigious Registered Business Address in Malta’s most sought after business centre
- Fully furnished, modern, and spacious offices ready to move in
- Highly skilled professionals
- Flexible Lease Contracts
- Serviced Reception
- State-of-the-Art Digital Technology
- IT Support
- Mail and Package Handling
- 24/7 Private Access
- CCTV — Round the clock video surveillance
- SOHO Community
And much more…
For more information on SOHO’s Office Space Solutions and our platform of services in Malta, connect with us on;
- email us at email@example.com;
- simply drop in at one of our 3 office locations in Ta Xbiex, Gzira, and St Julian’s
Our team will gladly assist you in any inquiries you may have.
Your opportunities are endless. Re-imagine your office experience with SOHO Office Space in Malta.